Thursday, June 2, 2016

Traveling in New Mexico

New Mexico is not called the "Land of Enchantment" for no reason! The landscape is adorned with cliff dwellings, canyons, mountains, volcanos, caverns and so many more gems that are still waiting to be discovered by the people, including me!

I recently visited Fenton Lake in Jemez Springs, NM. It was quite chilly on this day in mid-April, but still quite beautiful. The faithful few were fishing, and others exploring the area with their dogs.



Later I visited Carlsbad National Caverns. There is always a new part of this National Park to be discovered and appreciated! This time we camped in Rattle Snake Canyon Trail in the scenic drive area of Walnut Canyon. Of course, the name of the spot was not too reassuring, but my boyfriend and I survived the night!

Here are my favorite images of stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws, popcorn and draperies! Believe it or not, those are the actual terms for the underground formations in the caves! 

Walnut Canyon

Stalactite

Detail image of texture

Draperies reminiscent of jellyfish 

Doll's House

Do you see the owl?

These of course are my favorite images of the recents enchanted travels that I've been blessed to venture on! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment