Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Mexico Summer Storms

July is the the kick-off season of our monsoon rains in New Mexico. With that come many opportunities for photographing lightning and the natural elements at work. 

So during one of the stormy evenings I decided that I needed to capture these unique moments to my city. During storms, I feel that most people seek shelter from the rain and miss the beauty of the landscape after or during the rains. I geared up in my adventure combat boots, hoodie and weather-proofed camera and found a great spot overlooking Four Hills. I spent about an hour photographing an epic sunset being graced by our dramatic clouds and rains in the distance.

Below are a few of my favorite images from this shoot and I hope to storm chase more!








No comments:

Post a Comment