Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spot News

As I was driving last night, I saw that there was a fire. I decided to stop by and see what was going on. It turned out that a sushi restaurant, Fujiyama, had caught fire off Central Avenue, west of San Mateo Boulevard. There were at least four fire units at the scene and many cops securing the area. Since my camera was handy, we hung out in the area for a few minutes.

My last major spot news event was when the basement of Zimmerman Library flooded after being renovated due to the fire prior to that. I got my feet wet in the midst of the scene and it was exciting. This too gave me excitement, and sharpened my photography skills, as I had to think on the fly about my settings.

If I were to do this over again, I would have been more assertive about finding a place to park so I would not miss any moments unnecessarily.


No comments:

Post a Comment